Sometimes the best product ideas come from left field.
We’ve been promoting a new “Referral Package” targeted at business professionals who have trouble articulating what they really do and what results their clients get.
And it’s hitting the mark. We’ve had a number of people commission us to create one for them.
But a couple of people realised there could be another use. To promote them personally when looking for long term contracts or permanent positions.
Listening to them, I realised they (and many like them), faced similar issues.
They’re older – in their late 40’s to mid 50’s. They have extensive, broad experience in management in different industries, achieved significant results for organisations they’ve consulted to, but don’t fit in a precise box.
They have trouble articulating exactly what they do and how an organisation could benefit from their skillset.
They’re also sick of dealing with youngish recruiters who can’t think outside the box and automatically reject candidates who don’t tick every square and are a precise fit for a role.
In short, they’re stuck.
Talking with them, we realised the Referral Package could equally well be repositioned as a Promotion Package for an individual looking for a longer term, senior position.
The content is slanted at opening up possibilities in the minds of potential hirers.
Remember, up to 60-70% of all jobs are never advertised. Also larger organisations can/will often create positions for great candidates. And others might think, “We wanted to get XYZ done, but we didn’t have the resources/know how, so here’s someone who could do it.”
Your goal with this package is to trigger this interest and start the conversation.
So the material has to answer:
- The main types of problems you solve?
- Who specifically you solve them for?
- Why they should choose you?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) an employer asks you.
- Questions they should be asking to determine true expertise.
- Case studies – Talk about specific tangible and intangible results. The more specific the better. i.e. How you saved $1.5M per year in logistics costs. Or how your new product brought in $5M per year.
- Testimonials – We get real comments from your past employers which confirm these tangible results.
- Call to action – Tell them what you’re going to do next. i.e. You’ll be calling to follow up.
- Follow up. Don’t just send the package and hope for the best. We teach our clients a precise follow up system which gets you a favourable response over 80% of the time.
We understand the hardest thing is to talk about yourself and figure out how you can add value. So we create the package by interviewing you in depth, drawing out your skills and what unique value you can provide a potential employer.
We’ll even interview your past employers/clients to create the case studies. Why have us do it? People feel freer speaking to an uninvolved third party. They’re more open and we have significant skill when it comes to drilling down and drawing out information that shows you in a better light.
We then wrap all this up into a presentation document.
But it doesn’t stop there.
We’ll show you how to:
- Bypass their frontline defences and get your pack directly into their hands.
- And we’ll give you the follow up methodology and scripts to use once you subsequently call them.
- As a special bonus we’ll coach you in how to use tools like LinkedIn to identify and target appropriate decision makers.
- We’ll also set up a professional LinkedIn profile so you show up in searches for your speciality. And give you strategies to grow good quality connections to broaden your reach.
So if you or someone you know are having issues figuring out how to get your next senior appointment, or being blocked by HR or resume scanners, give us a call on (02) 9499-7958 and we’ll help you position yourself correctly to attract a lucrative, long term position.
Rashid & Barbara.
P.S. This is not some false scarcity. We already have a number signed up for the Referral Package. Each package is individualised and takes time to produce, so only have 5 slots available for February.
Call us now on (02) 9499-7958 to get started towards your new position.