Meetings, meetings, meetings.
Unfortunately a lot of meetings are simply talk fests. People go round in circles, discussions go nowhere and the only outcome is another meeting.
Monumental waste of time. So you leave wondering when the heck you can get any real work done.
This is how we fix this…
Everything starts with your mindset.
Focus. Why are you having this meeting? What specific issues need discussion and resolution?
What will the outcome be? Actions? Responsibilities and accountabilities?
Now fix the structure.
- Always have a clear agenda.
- Create a standard run sheet with set timing for each topic.
- Have a meeting leader who enforces brevity.
- Use a stopwatch and stick to the allocated times. This forces participants to be concise.
- Make decisions and get on with it.
- Fix the next meeting date and time.
Use the IDS discussion format:
Issues to be discussed must be on the agenda which is circulated well before the meeting, giving participants enough time to review them.
There are 3 steps in dealing with issues:
- Discuss – This is where you’ll spend most of your time.
- Solve. Make a decision. Decide on who’s responsible and accountable for carrying it out.
That’s it. Short, sharp and to the point as your meetings should be!
Rashid & Barbara.
And… Ready to grow your business? Here are ways we can help…
1) Access a mini MBA of free material on business building topics of Mindset, Strategy, Marketing and Sales – Click Here
2) Work with us One-on-One.
If you’d like to work with us personally, we’ll design a bespoke growth program designed around the 4 main components – mindset/leadership, strategy/business models, marketing and sales. Hit reply to this message and tell me a bit about your business and your goals, and I’ll get you all the details.